Popping, Jumping, low, sound HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I have had sound issues for quite a while now. I bought a new asus board and CPU and ram and upgraded my computer. I used the onboard sound on my other mother board so I figured I would use the SOUNDMAX on the asus.

Well this is when I get some strange issues. For starters the overall sound volume is low, and It no longer will get very loud at all. Like something is preventing it from going to 100% volume.

Another problem is there is popping sounds, as if it's turning on, or accessing full volume momentarily. And then sometimes the sound volume will jump WAAAY UP for like a few seconds, and then back down again. This back and forth jumping can be quite annoying if it does it a lot.

The thing is when the volume jumps up really high, that is actually where the normal volume should be. Something is interfering with my sound card's ability to utilize full volume.

I also bought a XFI sound card and I got the same problems as before with the new mobo onboard sound. So it's safe to assume the driver for the sound card is not the issue. But I am really not sure what is doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom