Plz help!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranquilprime

Solid State Member
Ok hi to all first.:cool: .
Ok down to the nitty gritty of my problem. I recently upgraded my system from a Jeantech 300 wt psu to a Hiper 580 wt psu.
and from a Radeon 9800xt 256mb to a Radeon X1650 pro 512 mb ( AGP )...went through all the building motions, cleaned cleared bios reinstalled all hardware, installed XP Home sp2. installed mobo drivers , sata driver. then graphics drivers.

But now it apears to be having graphical gliches. ( i think they are)..the best way for me to explain it is this. when you reformatt before you put the graph drivers on, if you move something across the screen or try to scroll in a window, the image looks like it lags or tears horizontaly. well this is my constant problem now. even with all new and old drivers. its much more subltle with the installed drivers but its still there.

Another syptom is gaming, take farcry for one. i know my system can handle it especialy with my new graph board. ( ill get into my system specs later ) anyway Farcry has its own graphic detector as you may know, well with my old 9800xt it would read the comp as medium all graph setting were automaticaly set to med or high.
but with my new card it reads the comp and being very low spec and sets everything to the lowest it can.

Also if i set all the settings to high and play in tears the same thing as ive already explained it lags i can see the game updating, or rendering objects as i move, btw this has been tried with all settings high and low same result. so i quit farcry and go to GhostRecon advanced warfighter. settings again low and high i also do this with the Antistob and anti allis set all the way up and down, but nothing the same thing happens in this game too. i watch it render there is no antiallising. i have tried everything i have reformatted 3 times since tried my old 9800xt card the same problems with that too, i have run disc checks i have used killdisc to do zero runs the same thing happeneing i have checked ram even brought a new stick the same thing. im exhausted and dont know what to do no more. oh yes all microsoft updates are also installed aswell. other than bying a new comp which i can not afford to do yet, im at a loss.

Im sry for the long story but im trying to give as much info as i can.
System specs are as follows.
Mobo ABIT NF7-S 2.0.
AMD Athon 3200+ XP CPU.
120 gig Western digital HD.
2 gig Crucial RAM.
X1650 PRO 512mb graphics card.
Windows XP home sp2.
Also a soundblatser audigy 2 zs ( but that has not been plugged in since i installed new graph card)
5 internal fans.

System temp are always fine too mobo temp is usualy around 50 to 60 c and Cpu is normaly at 45 c. any help will be gratfull recieved. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom