Plextor PX-AV100U

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyX

In Runtime
Ok heres the deal I just bought a Plextor PX-AV100U and I installed the drivers in my laptop and the software I works fine. Then I get home and Install the drivers On the Desktop PC at my house I want to use it on mainly And when I start to record video it flashes and skips. I cant understand this, My desktop PC has faster components.

Laptop:

HP Pavilion zv5434rs
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (1.8ghz)
NVIDIA GeForce 420 Go 32m
60gb HD
512 Pc2700 DDR

Desktop PC:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0ghz)
Asus K8N 754
NVIDIA GeForce5200 128m
80gb SATA WD Hard Drive
512 Pc3200 DDR

let me see if i got it right,so your sayin that the burning process itself went fine but when you play the recorded disc it skips? if so this usally happens when using a bad quality media, try to get a hold of taiyo yuden/japan made maxells/verbatim medias

oh, lol since plextor are well known for their burners i assumed thats what you talkin about my bad :eek: , anyway are you doing other things while it records? also close all unnessary programs it might help also might wanna temporarly disable the antivirus resident shield , also check for cpu usage on ctrl+alt+del

Dosent use much CPU I do shut everything else down and it still does it. I will try to shut norton off but I don't see why that will help seeing as I run it on my laptop and it ok (both are running Norton internet security 2005)

ah, norton... does that package ( norton 2005 ) have a firewall as well? If so, maybe try going to the section for "Program Control" and set the 'trust level' of Plextor higher ( more trusted ) .

Reason is that norton may be trying to monitor this program too much while its running..

just a thought.

Nope there is no listing for Plextor or anything related to it in the program control of the fire wall.
But just for the **** of it I shut down norton and tried it and still no luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom