Please someone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster0011

Baseband Member
Wehn i built my computer i accidently put those tiny spacers to keep the motherboard away from the case, well i had a slight problem i didnt put those spacers and the computer would turn on and then go off. Now that i put the spacers, i plugged all the wires in the back. My monitor wont turn on, i even tried checking if my laser mouse turns on. Basically nothing in ther rear panel works. The front button wont power the computer on. I turn the computer on from the power supply switch. The frotn button light comes on but it wont function. Everything is on, i can hear the hard drive, the cd rom opens and closes, motherboard light is on. Could the motherboard be burned? Its a Intel d515gag motherboard(onboard video) somethin like that. I tried putting a graphic card i had on the motherboard and it still wouldnt turn the monitor on. Could it be that when the motherboard was contacting the case and grounding out, could it be the motherboard burned? Do i need a new one?

This is what you do first: Take everythng off that mobo except 1 stick of memory and the cpu and heat sinc. When powering the computer on, check the keyboard and watch the LED's and If all three blink once and the CPU fan is running and you get the POST beep that the bios has loaded you are in pretty good shape. If that is sucessful, let us know and we'll go from there. Note: since it has onboard video you won't have to worry about the mobo giving you a long beep indicating that the video card is not installed. Post the results.

3 lights blinking do you mean on the keyboard? or where? So i totally unplug the cd rom and everythign else? just leave the cpu and one stick of memory

If you didnt have any of the motherboard mounts on chances are it's fried. Not having it on the mounts makes a short circut. So you've tried just ram, cpu, keyboard and monitor connection right?

yes thats what i did, no lights come on the keyboard. but when i turn the computer on with the hard drive and everything connected. It sounds right you can hear the hard drive and stuff. So only the mobo is fried? I hope nothings damaged ont eh cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom