Please! Need Help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Please! Need Help!

Hello everyone, this is kind of a weird situation for me. I was playing "Killing Floor" about 6 days ago, and the game froze during a map change, so I restarted the computer
and tried again, same thing happened, as I restarted the computer these, honestly, blue lines in a parallel pattern appear running behind the first few screens when the computer starts, it then goes to the windows logo with the same lines and then goes to a black screen where the monitor shuts off. I restarted the computer again and I was able to go into safe mode only to have the lines, which are red now, even more transparent appear in the background. So now the computer will only go into safe mode after I restart the computer twice in which the option for safe mode comes up. Any help or tips would be so greatly appreciated!

-Thanks!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Please! Need Help!

Might be your graphics card going bad or overheating. Try reseating it first, and check its fan isn't clogged with dust (if it has a fan).

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hey great, I will try that and get back to you!

-Thanks!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hey, I tried that and that did not work, I then uninstalled the card and as able to get back into normal mode although the blue lines still appear at the system start up. Any tips? Another thing is that when I get to about 95% of reinstalling the card the computer restarts automatically.

-Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Try this:
Go to the maufacturers website and download the latest drivers for your card (if you don't know how just post up your card model number and I'll do it for you)
Uninstall your current drivers for the card. Shutdown the PC.
If you've got a different slot on your motherboard that you can plug the grahics card into do so.
Start up the PC and install the new drivers. Restart the PC.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hey, I will try that for sure!

-Thanks!

Closed Thread