i bought the computer last year, there were no problems playing games, everything with it was fine but 2-3 mothes ago the pc started to act not properly, games are crashing (when i still had win xp) randomly 5-10 minutes into the game sometimes even after 1+- hour or so along with a weird pixels artifact pattern all over the screen :
even after i reformat my pc and installed win 7 the crashing problem still remains, so i
suspect that it might be something to do with the bios or hardware problem (maybe dust?)
"event viewer" logs relating to the crash are
event id : 6008
event id : 41 kernel power
* the crashes used to occur when i was playing games now its even worse it can happen also at the desktop.
* the windows i have now (win 7) is not the problem because the crash problems started at the time i had win xp.
* i read somewhere that updating the bios might fix it?
* i read also at many sites that raising the voltage of core can help make the pc more stable should i do it? (its a risk but it may fix it)
* there is alot of dust in my pc maybe its causing the gpu to heat or to act faulty?
* the problem remained even after i reformat and did a fresh install of win 7. (sound and video drivers are all up to date)
* when my pc crashed at desktop i opened windows in "safe mode" and the windows opened just fine no crash there
so i guess the problem isnt anything but the gpu probably.
* no BSOD and no error massage at all when crashing.
* i allready sent the computer to a technician and he said that he checked the pc and that no hardware problems were found.
my specs are :
GTX 280 OC Asus - gpu
Asus p5Q pro - motherboard
intel Q9550 quad core - processor
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit - os
corsair 8GB - ram
corsair TX 750 W - psu