PLEASE HELP!!! Usb not recognized.

Run a System File Check.

Open command prompt as Admin -> type: sfc /scannow
Press Enter and let it run and (hopefully) repair any corruptions with the system.

open up Windows task manager and check the PlugAndPlay service and make sure it's running. Next, go to Device Manager and check each USB hub and ensure they are working properly. If they are then update the driver for each port. This should tell you whether it is a hardware or software issue. If the ports report problems then it's probably a hardware issue. If both the above are normal then run an antivirus program. It could be a nasty malware or even a rootkit.

I checked all the USB root hub and it says they are all up to date.

Attachments

• Untitle22d.png
    Untitle22d.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
Im so close to transferring everything I want to keep onto an external that I know works and do a fresh install of windows 7.

i kind of doubt thats the issue but it is possible. Before the fresh boot check in the Bios at start up and make 100% sure the usb ports are enabled in the bios.

Yes but goofey things happen lol. The only other thing I can think of is looking up the regedit files that restrict access to the ports. Past that I'm all out of ideas. Fresh install is starting to sound better all the time.

Back
Top Bottom