PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4
Default PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT

Hey everyone, i just want to start this out by saying that i know almost nothing about computers..

Anyway, I bought a MIDI Keyboard about 2 months ago (Novation Impulse 49) and I've had SUCH a hard time getting it to work reliably. The weird thing is that it works about 25% of the time that i have it plugged in, but the other 75% my mac (OSX 10.9) doesnt even detect it. I got an appointment with the Apple Store and one of the people there thought theyd fixed it, (They thought it was a problem with the chord) but its running into the same problem. I've just tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to different usb ports on my computer about 5 times, restarted it twice.. all to no avail Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Please dumb your answers down though if you have any, I'm not a computer wizz :P

Also, i'm not sure how much this matters, but even when my computer doesnt detect it the keyboard still lights up and everything, as though its working.

Thanks!
__________________

9white5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Drogos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT

i would try and get that keyboard replaced. it could be a damaged keyboard.
wen you buy something and it gives you a hard time and cant get it to work in a couple of days just go back to the store and get it replaced to see its a damaged product.
__________________

__________________
AsRock z97x,i5 4690k@ 4.4ghz, Custom Water Loop, Nvidia 980TI 6GB, Corsair Dominators Platinum 16GB 2666mhz ,250 SSD,2TB,2TB Drive ,EVGA Supernova 750G2 PSU,NZXT H440 white. Asus 24" 144hz, LG 42" led lcd.
Drogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,506
Default Re: PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT

I'd try it on another computer if you have access to one to see if it is indeed an issue with the keyboard or your computer.

If it works on another computer... then the issue is with your system.
If it does the same thing and acts up on another system... then the issue is the keyboard and you should get it replaced.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,277
Default Re: PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT

Sounds like it did just like my Alesis drum module. Seems like it finally gave out.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SATA drive install, I'm seriously pulling out my hair bobbyray Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 1 02-14-2006 12:52 PM
2 xboxs and 2 comps and pulling out my hair soulafien Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 9 03-09-2005 08:10 PM
HELP !!!! I'm pulling my hair out hdvablkman HijackThis Logs (finished) 4 03-05-2005 12:08 AM
It's here tomorrow, and I'm pulling my hair out!!! mac_mogul Apple and Mac 6 07-06-2004 02:55 PM
.......pulling out hair over this WINME Install Problem ToastPC Microsoft Windows and Software 14 02-01-2004 04:05 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.