teamburton

Beta member
So I decided to up grade and rebuild a brand new computer, the specs are:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 Socket
GeForce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
OCZ Gold 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2
Thermaltake 750w PSU

So I followed all the direction (which I never do) and I go to boot it and the computer will come one for about 3 seconds then shut off???

So after I did some tests I found that when the ATX 12v is not plugged into the Mobo it will stay on, but obviously it will not boot cause the ATX is not plugged in.. I don't know what else it could be. Maybe the processor is busted? I looked at the processor and it looked fine and I just got done sending back the mobo cause I thought it was that. I am just lost now with a big Headache..

PLEASE if anyone can help on this issue, I have this brand new computer just sitting here and I need it baddly for my classes this semester!

:(

If that mobo has onboard video then pull everything off that board except the cpu, heatsinl/fan and memory. Do you get a post and can you enter the bios? If no onboard video, use your pCIe card and do the same. If you post then next add the hard drive. Bios screen? If no post at all, I would guess that the CPU or mobo have problems. One thing, also, to try is to jumper your mobo to reset the bios and then see if it will post. I have noticed that some boards do not like the front panel USB connector attached and the system will not power on with that connected. Try to strip that system down and see if you get it to power on at least and If it does you can start adding components until it refuses to post.

THanks for the advice RicoDirenzo I tried everything...I'm thinking it might be the CPU...Its just weird that when the 12v power connector is not plugged in it stays on..but when i plug it in it turns on for a split second...One question..That 6 pin power connector power the CPU?? cause if so there must be somethin up with the CPU...other than that im about to lose it..hehe

Ok so I think i figured it out...it has to be the CPU...cause i pulled the CPU and turned it on with the power connection plugged in and it stayed on..so I'm sending the CPU back and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom