Please help, My PC Won't Boot to Windows! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Please help, My PC Won't Boot to Windows!

Please help, my computer won't boot past the Compaq logo to windows. After I opened my box to insert some more RAM, when I plugged my monitor and peripherals in, after it shows the Compaq logo, it goes to an error message saying: 'We'sorry for the inconveince, but Windows did not boot successfully." Then, it gives me the options to do one of the following: Start Windows Normally, Use last known good configuration, Boot to Safe Mode, ,Boot to Safe Mode with Networking, or Boot to Safe Mode. All of those options either take me back to the Compaq Logo and repeat the process or freeze the computer. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

P.S. My specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 1.76 ghz processor
376 mb. of DDR RAM
Integrated Intel 82845 graphics Chipset(Intel Extreme Graphics 2)
Windows XP Professional Edition

Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Pull the new RAM and see if windows loads. What Intel motherboard are we talking about here? How much memory did you install? Sounds like an older system and it may be that your mobo won't supprt more than 512mb of RAM!!
Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.
Closed Thread