Please help. My computer reboots when getting to loading XP screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the7ak3

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. I joined this forum in hope that someone can help me with my problem. I recently upgraded to a new AMD athlon 2.4 Ghz 64 bit processor. It is socket 939 so I also had to get a new motherboard. I bought a Chaintech Summit SNF4-2 socket 939 motherboard with the NVIDIA nForce 4 4X chipset.

After installing everthing, I turn on my pc and I get a blue screen after loading XP. So i reformat with xp pro and it works perfectly, I install my drivers, restet. XP loads up super fast. After that I install my sound drivers and reset it again. This time, it goes to load up xp and it just RESETS :OO. I have no idea why so I try again several times. I decide to put it in safe mode and that works fine, so does safemode with networking (thats how im posting this).

So what I have been doing is just repairing windows with the windows boot disk and It works again wonderfully for ONE restart. After that it just restarts everytime it gets to the windows loading screen. The processor runs around 32 C, so its not overheating. It also does this very strange thing where it stops detecting my Maxtor SATA HD so I open up my case, unplug the sata cord and put it back in and that seems to fix that.

This is all so strange to me and I have no idea why it would work for one restart after reformating and repairing window, and why does it work in safe mode?? :(

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I really need help with this, I'm 17 yrs old so this is alot of money to me. (also my computer is my favorite thing ever :D) So thanks so much for the help.

heh. i got it cause it was cheap. You think the motherboard is the problem tho?

the7ak3 said:

This is all so strange to me and I have no idea why it would work for one restart after reformating and repairing window, and why does it work in safe mode?? :(

you are experiencing (among other things) a driver conflict. it works in safe mode because the drivers aren't loaded.

is your sound on the motherboard or do you have a card? if it is a sound card, this sounds like the drivers aren't agreeing with your motherboard. add this to your hard drive issue, and i agree with the other poster that you got what you paid for in your new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom