please help (moniter problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipez

In Runtime
yesterday I was playing around with refresh rates on my 19" LCD

today I go to boot it up, all I get is a blinking curser at the top left corner.

I try a CRT moniter, pretty much does the same thing, and shuts off, says something about something to high

this scares me, how can I get back into my settings to change this if it dosen't let me get back to my desktop?

and BTW: I was looking for SAFE mode, no where to be found, all I get is system settings, unless I'm doing something wrong.

arrrgrgrgrggrgr

HV FREQUENCY OVER RANGE or something

just went into safe mode, I can''t change no moniter settings

:(

helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Go in to safe mode, open up the Control Panel. Open up System, click the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button. Once you're here, expand Display adapters and Monitors (using the + next to them). Right click everything in those two catogories, and click Uninstall. If you're prompted after this, click OK. Once you've deleted all devices in these two catagories, reboot your machine as normal. I gather that you're running Windows XP, so it should just reinstall your devices from drivers stored in a cache. If it doesn't, then just use your normal installation discs.

Once your devices are reinstalled, just set them up to your normal working configuration.

TMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom