Please Help Me To Solve This Problem... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Please Help Me To Solve This Problem...

I recently have experienced several graphical problems in my laptop. In early times I can play games like NFS Most Wanted, GTA San Andreas and many more popular games. But now, I cant play any of them because the graphic has become very ugly..but other game are still in good condition, like Street Racing Syndicate, Counter Strike, and many more. I really don't know whether the problem is caused by virus, system errors, corrupted files or something else.

Here are some images i capture which show my problems:
GTA San Andreas Problems
NFS Most Wanted Problems 1
NFS Most Wanted Problems 2
NFS Most Wanted Problems 3

I really really hope that anybody from this forum can help me to solve this problems. Every help contributed from everyone are really appreciated. Thank you very much.

Really need help,

Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Please Help Me To Solve This Problem...

Update the drivers first or roll them back to an original (pre error) one.

-Vista SME
Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Originally Posted by Lexluethar View Post
Update the drivers first or roll them back to an original (pre error) one.
what do you mean roll back. How 2 do it? System restore?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via MSN to joeten

you could try system restore to date before error or go to manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers as lexluethar has advised
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

To rollback drivers go into the Device Manager click on the device in question and then click on the Driver tab. There you should see the option to rollback drivers there. If the option is available the button will be able to be clicked. If there are no older drivers then there is no way to roll back and only a driver update will help.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well is there any possibilities that this problems is caused by any 'bad' or 'infected' files or something? because it is not like all games which is uses graphic card are cannot be played. for example, i still can play SRS, Counter Strike, Midtown Madness 2 and NFS Hot Pursuit 2. But games from Rockstar and EA Games are cannot be GTA SA, Midnight Club, NFS Carbon, NFS Underground and Test Drive Unlimited.

FYI, my pc is Windows Vista Ultimate with ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics, and uses AMD Turion X2. i also already updated my antivirus and scan the whole computer, but still...this stupid problem exist.

Aww man i'm twisted!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Oldie but a goodie

You should try Lex's and Mak's suggestion to rollback the drivers. When troubleshooting, you want to try the most likely fixes. In this case, it would be better to try rolling back the driver (and if that doesn't work you could try an updated one if there is one available at the manuf.'s site), because if there is a hardware issue running certain games or apps, then an older driver may fix the problem. Try their suggestion first. An infected or corrupt file, well maybe I suppose, but I would try the driver rollback. or look for an updated one (as Lex mentioned as well).
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hello guys.

Thankfully i solved my problem. I don't know what i have done..but surely my graphics are back to normal. Yes, maybe we just should try before taking further actions. After my computer back to normal, i quickly save a restore point in case to back up if there are any problem occurs.

Closed Thread