PLEASE help hdd not detecting :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirkuja

Beta member
my pc has had a 160 gig hdd in it and i recently purchased a 200gb hdd put it in my pc turned it on and its not detected...it is detected in my bios and in my hardware list but i cant see it in my computer or when i put in the disk to set up the hard drive it doesnt see it is there...i have it set up in slave position on the cable and have it set to cable select jumper any help please would be greatly apreciated thanks

1-Get the latest Bios for ur motherboard.

2- If you are connecting the 160 gig hdd together with ur new 200 gb , then try connecting -only- your new hdd.

3- Just to ensure its not a master/slave issue....unplug all ur CD-ROM(s) drivers ( power and IDE cables ) , in other words , make ONLY ur 200 hdd connected and give it a try.

Hope this helps

You need to run fdisk and set a partition.Then format then re boot it will detect it then.You can use a win 98 boot disk to run FDISK.

go see what disk management has to say about it. settings - controal panel - administrative tools - computer management. then click on disk management. (on xp and win2k) It should see the disk then you can format it and get it rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom