Please help build wont boot??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Hi so i just finished putting all the computer togeather everything is receiving power and plugged in right but when i try to turn it on the monitor doesnt receive a signal.I also notice that on the video card there are 4 red lights when you turn it on but only 3 blink on his it the gpu thats causeing me the problem erg im getting fustrated.

What Video Card? Do you have everything seated correctly? Do you have sufficient power? Do you have the power adapter plugged into the Video card if it needs it?

Is it the rig in your sig?

Do the red lights on the GPU just blink once when you power up and then shut off? Do any of them stay on?

Try taking out one stick of ram at a time, a bad stick could prevent you from booting. The same thing happened to me when I finished my computer and I tried everything but the easiest solution. Needless to say the ram was the problem.

If that doesn't work make sure the mobo isn't touching the case. Start it on your mobo box CAREFULLY. A grounded motherboard could cause this problem.

Oh thx guys i figured out the problem i took the rams out and put it back on and it started working.But this verision of xp pro i got free i cant seem to get the sound working when i try to go to volume control it says "there are no active mixers avaliable.To install mixer devices go to control panel and click printer and other hardware and then click add hardware tried it but doesnt work how do i fix this?"

Tried it still doesnt work drivers are installed erg its fine im getting windows vista 64bit next week so hopefully once i install the new real OS i will have no problems this xp pro i have now cant even validate and it doesn't show me which SP it is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom