Please Help with AMD Kaveri Driver Issue (A8-7600)

10839975_10204014656545680_754206530_o.jpg

It has the same motherboard and processor. First I put Kingston 8GB 1600MHz in one slot and the computer was unusable. I bought another 8GB of 1600MHz, the same memory and the difference is huge. The computer started breathing and works great. You have to use dual channel memory.
I wanted to buy Antec ISK 110, the forums wrote that his power is not enough for AMD A8 7600. Perhaps these problems and it creates the power.
Sorry bad English :)

I am using the Cooler Master GeminII M4 heatsink, and it had me replace the original mounting bracket.
That might be an issue, after looking at a review of your particular itx board:
Enthusiasts need to understand that spatial restrictions do come into play with some components. For example, coolers that require brackets on the rear are fouled by components, while memory with larger-than-normal fins is unlikely to fit. But use standard components and the ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ is a fine choice for a mainstream build.
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/mainboard/65397-asrock-fm2a88x-itx/?page=9

There are IC chips on the backside of this board and the bracket will interfere with these chips, which could possibly lead to erratic operation of your board, You should try to go stock and not attempt to o/c this itx board
This is a view of the bottom side of your board, where you can see the boards IC's mounted underneath the cpu
AsrockITX.jpg

Last edited:
It's possible the board is damaged as is if a back plate was used... I could only hope the pressure from a back plate didn't crack and of the IC or break any of the solder joints... Might be worth sending the board in for an RMA if things don't get or look better.

I've heard that IC chips are fragile, and your not even supposed to touch them. I would think if the chips do not look physically damaged, then an RMA is likely

Last edited:
I did notice those chips in the way of the backplate. The backplate had some soft stuff on it so I did go ahead and put it on without much thought. If you say that your not even supposed to touch them then you may be right about that one. I did, however, take very good care while installing it. What exactly are the purpose of IC chips? Do you all really think this could be my issue with the graphics?
Thanks

I almost forgot to mention. I had the original heatsink on there when I first opened this post, and it was still having graphics problems in the beginning. Thank you guys for letting me know the potential problem though. I might have to take my dremel tool to the backplate and cut out where the chips are. They are on one of the edges so it will probably work out pretty nice. Other than that I would hate to go back to the original heatsink. I love my new heatsink.

They are typically components for other devices such as the LAN controller and such, they just process and pass information, or regulate voltages to other chips.

Back
Top Bottom