3 gigs Corsair ddr 400 pc 3200
WD 200 gig SATA HDD
AMD FX 55
2- BFG Nvidia 7800 GTX
SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
Thermaltake 680w PSU
Lian Li case with 4 stock case fans

Here is my problem:

The computer randomly shuts off and now just locks up auto powers down. As if the plug has been pulled out from the back.

I tried just 2 sticks of ram and it didn't work.

I took out 1 video card and changed it from SLi back to normal and that didnt work.

I tried multiple sticks of ram in different locations thinking it was a bad stick somewhere and that didnt work.

I added a blower fan underneath the video cards and that didn't work.

What am i left with. Could it be the CPU overheating and just shutting the computer off. I have the BIOS set to shut down at the highest temp setting and to warn me just before but it never does. I then set the BIOS to disable CPU temp and it still shuts down.

This shutdown is now also happening outside of gaming its happening in windows. My next thought is it something with the FX55 and windows xp.

I also have never checked out the hard drive. Its a sata connection. I don't see why it would be causing an auto shutdown.

Also all the fans in the system are stock with the Lian Li case. Should i just swap em all out for better ones and if so which.

The graphics cards are heating up at some points to over 80 celcius but that doesnt seem to ignite the problem since i have had shut offs at 57 degrees.

I am now completely outta ideas so any light you can shed on the subject would be great.

Thanks.

I would think that your power supply is the problem. I know its got enough power but thats what id check next.Could be bad...

Well i know for a fact its not the PSU since i have installed 3 others in the system and i get the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom