Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzshenoy

Beta member
Hi,
I would grately appreciate anyone and everyone who can post me some files that I need urgently to repair my pc.

I had a previous problem with my bios which I thought could be overcome by updating the bios from Intel, which I did, but it remained the same and I thought I better downgrade my bios
to the date when I had purchased it.

Though I do not know the exact date of buying my pc, I downloaded express bios installation of 2003 (Intel 845 GVSR) and ran it through the OS, it went successfully and restarted, but
it never made it to the OS.

Now what I have is a 2003 bios software instead of 2006, everything running but my actual OS.

I am requesting help from all of you fellow members and non members to help me solve this problem at the earliest.

I am uploading the 2006 bios iflash compressed executable and the method of creating a bootable bios floppy diskette from it.

WARNING: AFTER CREATING THE BOOTABLE FLOPPY, DO NOT LEAVE IT IN YOUR PC OR YOUR BIOS WILL BE CORRUPTED.

1. Download the bios 2006 Intel 845 GVSR to a new directory on your pc named say, c:\helpme\bios.exe . This file can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/zs5zm

2. After downloading the file to your pc, restart the pc in dos mode OR press F8 when the windows logo comes up and select command prompt only. Now you are in DOS mode.

3. Go to the location of the file you downloaded which is say, c:\helpme and then type bios.exe OR the name of the file you just downloaded. This will extract some files say, license.txt, readme.txt, run.bat, sw.exe etc in the same location as the downloaded file which is c:\helpme\

4. Now insert a formatted 1.44 MB floppy diskette (which must have no files on it), in the floppy drive and run RUN.BAT file from the same location as the downloaded file. This will extract all the files from SW.EXE to the floppy diskette. Now all the files which are extracted on the floppy diskette together are what is called a bootable bios diskette. And this is what I need the most at the moment asap.

5. Now all you have to do is REMOVE THE FLOPPY DISKETTE FROM THE DRIVE, and upload all the contents of the floppy diskette as a reply to this thread.
Removing the floppy is very important as I do not want you to have the same consequenses that I am having right now.

6. Thats all to it. I would appreciate any help from you.

Thanks a lot.

theres nothing we can help you with follow those instructions thats all there is 2 it. tell me if im missing something but all you did is post your answer. if your unable to get into the os preform a repair on it.

The problem is that reprogramming the bios costs around $150. And I do not have another pc to perform the requested action.
Hence I am asking for help from members of your forum.
I am just asking you to upload a few files from the floppy for me, theres no risk of virus or anything if the method is followed.
Hope you get my situation.
Thanks for posting, though.
Regards,
VS.

oh i see. do you have a friend or some one that can do it for you? i will do it but I'm really busy right now it will be a while.

My problem is I have just come to NZ and so do not have any friends yet.
If I had a friend, I would ask him to make a floppy for me.
Hence, I have posted this in your forum so that someone can upload the files from the floppy for me...

Thanks anyways, jcortes.
VS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom