Pixel and Vertex shader problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Pixel and Vertex shader problem

Ok, I just got a new graphics card that can play every game I have on high settings. Or at least it would be able to, if it supported pixel and vertex shader. I have tested the system on canyourunit.com and it says that the only problem is that the card does not support pixel and vertex shader (it is an older AGP card) I can not upgrade my system because I would basically have to buy a new computer and I dont have that kind of money and will never have that kind of money until I get a new job.

ANYWAY, I heard about pixel and vertex shader emulator programs that make your system think it has those but I also heard that it destroys the performance of the game. What I would like to know is has anyone had any experience with this who can help me or have any suggestions (NOT GET A NEW COMPUTER) is there an add on card that handels just pixel and vertex shaders or something?
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On