Pink screen when system booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsolanki

Beta member
Dear All,

I have just bought new hardware and assembled the PC at home. Below is the configuration.

Intel Core 2 Duo Q8200 Processor
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard (revision 1.1)
SAPPHIRE HD 4850 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E HDMI Graphics Card
UMAX 4 GB RAM(2x2) 800 MHz
i-Ball 450W PSU
Seagate 500 GB Sata HDD
LG DVD R/W
LG 2243W 22" LCD Monitor

All are new parts. I assembled them at home with lot of care. The problem I am facing is that very first time when I powered on computer, the screen immediately appeared as garbled, pinkish, and some random text on it, some lines, some square boxes etc...

I restarted machine again and pressed DEL key to enter BIOS, I could sense the BIOS screen loaded but the visuality was as intact - garbled screen with pinkish color tone etc..

I am stuck up here that what went wrong? I have invested a lot for this configuration and faced problem on very first boot!!

Please guide me what could be the reason behind this? (This screen problem is immediately I boot the computer and very first display occurs on screen. HDD is blank slate, mean no OS yet, as I am not able to go ahead from this point only!!)

There's either something wrong with your GPU, screen or (less likely) RAM.
Can you try the monitor on another computer? Same with GPU, can you try it in another comp?

Another possibility, are you sure your power supply is providing enough power to your GPU? Can you please provide specs for your power supply?

It sounds like the graphics card for sure. i would start there...do you have another one you can pop in to see if thats it?

The PSU meets the bare minimum for the 4850. It sounds like your GPU. You need to be able to test it in another machine, or get another GPU to test in your machine.

thanks for the guidance. I would check the same and will post the result...
In between I had words with my vendor from whom I bought the GPU. He told me that problem is in i-ball sprinter 450 W PSU. He said problem will be sorted out on buying gigabyte 460 W PSU. Is it going to solve my problem?

He's basically saying that you don't have enough juice in your PSU, which is a bit of a load of crap. The minimum requirements for GPUs are generally assuming you have a crap PSU. The one you have, I've never heard of, and I'm assuming it's probably junk (no offense). He's probably just trying to get another sale.

EDIT: Wait a sec. Stupid question, but does that PSU even have a PCI-E power connector?

He's basically saying that you don't have enough juice in your PSU, which is a bit of a load of crap. The minimum requirements for GPUs are generally assuming you have a crap PSU. The one you have, I've never heard of, and I'm assuming it's probably junk (no offense). He's probably just trying to get another sale.

EDIT: Wait a sec. Stupid question, but does that PSU even have a PCI-E power connector?

IF he doesn't have that card connected to a 6 pin PCI-E power, he would get a BIOS beep code followed by a message on his monitor that says, "No Signal".

I'd RMA the card straight away.

Then...

IF he has a crap PSU, I'd seriously consider getting a better brand what is between 600w - 700w. Dual rails with 20a-24a per rail.

I'd try that first.

It sounds like a video card problem but I've never heard of a i-Ball power supply either. I would suspect the off-the-wall power supply is causing a video problem.

The old PSU I-Ball Sprinter 450W had 6-pin power connector for GPU. But as I had bought GPU from a vendor and he suggested for Gigabyte 460W PSU, I have returned my old I-Ball Sprinter 450W PSU to vendor from whom I bought. And now I have purchased Gigabyte 460W PSU from the vendor from whom I had purchased GPU. I have received the new PSU today and will test now my PC. Will post the new result after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom