Philips 220XW8FB LCD: 1920 x 1080 resolution issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I have a Philips 22'' 220XW8FB lcd monitor, I have been using 1680x1050 resolution for a while but I want to use 1920x1080, especially for gaming. Some notes before I get to my issue:

GPU before was Zotac 9800GTX+
Current GPU: Sapphire HD5850 Toxic
Connection: DVI to HDMI cable.

My issue is, when I switch to 1920x1080, the writing is hard to read, and the screen and the windows look like they are -vibrating- in a way. I think this is due to the refresh rate, but I don't know. I found out that, for some reason, my PC automatically set the refresh rate for 1920x1080 resolution at 29Hz (Interlaced). I switched this to 60Hz and the vibration went away but the text was still difficult to read, not because its small or something...It's just hard to read, not very clear in a way. Windows' resolution settings doesn't let me chose anything higher than 60Hz for this resolution. I went into ATI's catalyst control center...There's a choice of refresh rates upto 75Hz, but it doesn't let me select anything but 60Hz for 1920x1080. My friend said that the optimal refresh rate for this resolution would be 70Hz, but I can't try it. I just recently changed my GPU, so I can safely say that my issue is not being caused by my GPU. I really want to use this monitor with the maximum resolution possible. I am wondering what may be the issue here, or if anyone else has the same monitor and is facing similar problems. Any feedback is appreciated... Thanks!

First of all, your LCD panel type: 1680 x 1050 pixels so never go for other resolution as LCD panel is made for.
To use 1920x1080 resolution you have to exchange your LCD to one which has LCD panel 1920x1080.
Refresh rate is on 2nd place here, 1st is that your panel does not fit your resolution = text is barely readable.

First of all, your LCD panel type: 1680 x 1050 pixels so never go for other resolution as LCD panel is made for.
To use 1920x1080 resolution you have to exchange your LCD to one which has LCD panel 1920x1080.
Refresh rate is on 2nd place here, 1st is that your panel does not fit your resolution = text is barely readable.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply...That most certainly clears things up for me. So unless I get a new monitor, I can't use 1920x1080 resolution without facing such issues? How much difference would/does it make in overall gaming experience?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom