Philips 170b and dvi help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyront

Beta member
my old 17" compaq went pink and became unusable so i decided to upgrade and luckily after doing the right research i found a Tft monitor that had most of the specs i wanted.

the monitor was great except the fact they forgot to supply me with a dvi cable for it so i went and brought a duel link one. The cable i ordered arrived this morning so i pluged it in after juggerling with my tv and the vga connection i got it semi working. The main problems are that my monitor is pritty much forced most of the settings now so i cannot turn my monitor in any resolution to 75 hertz refresh rate, it as installed a new colour profile that i cannot remove and the worst problem is that everytime i play mohaa(medal of honor allied assult) on it (gaming being one of the reasons i brought this monitor) the graphics start gliching at the bottom of the screen. Then it starts turning to a black screen a couple of seconds at a time until it crashes giving me a open gl error.

I hope someone can help as before i installed the dvi cable everything was working better than fine.

thanks in advance
tyront

P.s i have tryed changing it back to vga mode and no luck

My pc specs are as follows

amd 2200xp
512megs mem
msi mortherboard
Nvidia 5600ultra fx 256meg Graphics Card
Sound Blaster 5.1live sound card
40gig and 160gig ide hard drive
lite on 411s and pioneer 108 dvdrw drives
and of course a Philips 170b monitor