Philips 107T5 17" CRT weird lines runnin accross the screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

depeu

Beta member
hello..!

i hope some1 can help me out ...

i have this 17" Philips CRT with a Geforce FX 5200 128MB at my workplace(Res 1024x768 @ 75) ..After an hour or so there are some very fines lines runnin accross the screen(kinda resembles the interfernce u get when u bring a cellular phone next to the screen). It stays for a few mins and then disapears and then comes back again.Also when this happens the borders of the screen move in and out a bit(kinda like shrinking).I took the CRT out to the Philips service centre and the guys said they cudnt find any issue with it. Iv removed all posible sources of interference from power sources to speakers and cabling...

Thanks for your time!!

its your video card. the fx5200 is one of the worst cards ever and many ppl have had that problem. it might be that its just not working or it might be it getting too hot. it also happens to any card that u overclock too much

it also might be your refresh rate. bring it down to 65. the 5200 has trouble with 75

Re:

Hello,

It could be to do with the refresh rate of your monitor (the frequency which the image on the display is updated). So, your monitor's display is currently being refreshed at a rate of 75 times a second.

You may be seeing these lines because of lighting interference. For example, if you have flourescent ceiling lighting in your office, it can cause your monitor's display to appear to be 'flickering' because office lighting also has a refresh rate (it flashes on and off many times a second, virtually undetectable by the human eye). Any lighting powered by an AC current will do this.

Try lowering the refresh rate of your CRT monitor to 50Hz, or 60Hz and see if it goes away. Also, try higher fresh rates if possible.

If this fails it's most probably interference. CRTs are susceptible interference, and it can be difficult to eliminate. Anything which has oscillating frequencies (for example speakers, other monitors, cordless phones and mobile phones around the monitor) can cause interference.

If removing all possible sources away doesn't work, i'd think about investing in an LCD/TFT monitor :D .

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Yeah the FX5200 is a problem card with lowend features...:(
Just saw a 9800PRO AGP for a good price(No PCI express at work though).....

Iv also lowered the refresh rate to 70 now(we'l c if that helps!! )

:)....tried 75 and 85 but the problem persists

I dont have any flourescnt lights here at my workplace ..
My card is not overclocked, its runnin at the factory defaults..also iv tried to eliminate all the sources of interference..

Thanks again for your time fella's
regards..

hello...

i did lower the refresh rate to 70hz...

still the same problems :(
any other leads guys??
thanks a lot for ur time
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom