Periodic lag/freezing - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Periodic lag/freezing

Skorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Maybe the problem is low memory?? I had a similar problem and found this software called Optimizer Pro, it wasn't expensive so I gave it a go...

M.Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Skype™ to FoxiStatis

First from what I remember the cooler your computer the faster it runs, why not try to get more fans or water cooling or SOMETHING to tone the CPU and GPU heat. Check the windows error logs see if its a software issue, what are you using for anti-virus etc. Focusing on the GPU isn't always going to get the job done. I have the FX-8150 and even it doesn't get as hot as your intel. I wouldn't go with an optimizer, they tend to make false promises, at least from my perspective. I would also turn down your AA you mentioned it being at 32x or something insane like that. What if you turned all your settings down and see that was still the issue, it could be because your computer is trying to load an almost open world game. I remember playing through the entire game on a triple core computer and it ran beautifully I don't see why your computer would have that issue.

FoxiStatis is offline   Reply With Quote