Periodic lag/freezing

So another member was having the same issue, but I don't think your car is having that problem.
@PPM I think his car is fine, let's stay on the topic of his video card. :p

@OP Did you ever try disabling Aero Effects to see if that was causing an issue?

81C is pretty warm even while I'm gaming at full load? Yes, it's stock no overclocking.
I stress tested the CPU for about 20 minutes using primetest, the temperatures of the cores were between 63C-67C.
I'll try disabling Aero to see if that's what's causing the issue.
Btw, is it normal for frame rates to drop extraordinarily from like stable 55-60 fps to 30 FPS during explosions and intense scenes even tho the resolution is only 1280x1024?
Thanks everyone, +repped.

For that card yes under full load 81C is up there. It's not dangerous hot or anything, but it's up there where a 560ti is concerned.

CPU temps are kind of warm too. Is the airflow in your case good?

Depends on what kind of eye candy you got going on. Do you have very high amounts of AA to make up for the lack of res? Try to remember that at lower resolutions everything is more CPU stressful than GPU stressful. That being said I don't think that is the problem. Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch has an unnecessary tessellated water layer underneath each map that puts strain on the system regardless of what is going on in the scene. Even if there is no water on the map. This could be effecting your performance.

I don't have the DX11 patch on Crysis 2. The FPS dropdowns I'm talking about are in BF BC2, yes the AA is at 32x. Yea I think the airflow is good.
In any case, are those temperatures high enough to actually make the system throttle and periodically lag or sometimes even periodically freeze?
P.s : Btw, I have 1600 MHz of ram in my PC even tho my mobo supports only 1333 MHz Ram, so the ram is downgraded. Could this be the problem?

Those temps are close, at least, on the CPU end.
The max temp for your CPU is 72.6 C. That could either be the temperature at which it experiences damage, or shuts down. I'm not entirely sure, but it may throttle near that temperature to prevent overheating.

Maybe I forgot to mention this, but whatever is running, the GPU fan usage doesn't exceed 54%. Even while stress testing with furmark. Heck, when I was gaming the GPU fan usage didn't exceed 48%. Does this mean that the GPU has something faulty? Or it's locked in the GPU bios?
The GPU is an EVGA one btw.
I'll try to play now and check the CPU temps.
Also, I discovered that windows gadgets increases its ram usage as the time passes. Once, I discovered after the computer has been running for many hours that it was taking up 4.5 GB of ram! I closed it from windows task manager but still same problem, however does this mean that the windows install could be corrupt ( it could be a software not a hardware issue)?
Thanks for the help everyone, appreciated.

Bump. I sent my computer to the shop again, we tried replacing the RAM, the motherboard and still same issue. He didn't have another GTX 560 Ti. So he'll get one and we'll test it, I think it's the GPU since everything else has proven to be not the issue.
I also think it may be the PSU. IDK how PSU's work, but IIRC the shop hooked up the 12V1 rail to the GPU ( which, according to the specs on the box of the PSU, delivers 30A ). The 12v2 rail is not hooked to anything, it also delivers 30A. Does this mean that it delivers 60A to the GPU from only one rail? Is 30A enough for a GTX 560 Ti ( not the 448 version btw ) ?. I can't find out how many amperes the GTX 560 Ti needs from google.
Thanks in advance.
P.S : The PSU is 700W cougar CMX

Last edited:
Ok, I got back the PC after many trials to no avail. Even changing the GPU didn't work.
I discovered something. The 12v1 has many cables that are connected to nothing, except one that is connected to some port but the other end is left free. The GPU is receiving its power directly from two pci-e cables coming from this hole-like opening from which many cables come. Does this mean that the GPU or other components may be not getting enough juice?

Back
Top Bottom