Performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really make any sense though because Civ 4 is not an old game at all. Also if you turned those processes off earlier they wouldn't be checked off. Autoruns only checks off the ones that are currently set to startup.

Civ 4 was made in 04 mind you and when I check my processes most of that stuff isn't on the screen.

Yeah 04 isn't that old. Oblivion was 06 although the best graphical game of 06. Those processes will be hidden by Windows. You can try RegCleaner as well if you don't think autoruns is accurate.

Well my comp is now only 20C and it still is having the same problems... I'll try taking off the bottom parts and blowing everything out later.

Well, There was no dust in my PC I still blew it but nothing happened. Right now I have a thing that run a fan under my PC to see if that will help.\

Not sure what to try next... It could require help from Dell at this point.

Meh Dell's tech support really isn't anything better than what you'll find anywhere else. They'll get you to send it in. Have you tried installing the latest ATI drivers for your video card? Uninstall the old ones first if you do try it.

Go to Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> right click the video card -> Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom