Pentium II laptop wireless network adapter issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiesel

Baseband Member
i have a toshiba tecra 8000 with a pentium II upgraded to windows 2000 pro. i was trying to get it on my wireless network but the laptop wont recognize the Belkin Wireless G notebook network card. actually i can get it to recognize it but the add harware wizard said that it wont work because of code 12. a resource conflict. can someone please help me get this thing going. or is it even possible. i am thinking that the laptop might be too old to be compatible with the card. I also tried an IBM ethernet II credit car5d adapter to hard wire it to my router, and i get the same thing. only this time i think the IBM adapter isnt compatible with win 2000. i also tried one more thing. i have an 3com etherlink III lan pc card that basically does the same thing as the ibm adapter. can anyone please help???

Is it a newer PCI notebook card? There are different transfer rates, and if it's a Pentium II, it's the older of the transfer rates. The card you have may be too fast for your notebook. You might wanna check on Toshiba's site and see what the PCI notebook card bandwidth/transfer rate is. I'm thinking they call it PCI I and PCI II, but I'm not sure. I don't mess around with laptops that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom