Pen Drive Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

123debraj

Beta member
I have a PC with Pentium III, 733 MHz CPU, Kranion motherboard (Intel 810E chipset), 128 Mb of RAM, 20 GB Seagate hard disk drive, one LG DVD RAM drive, LG 48x CD RW drive and the OS is Windows XP Professional( No service pack installed).

I also have one sound card (Creative Sound Blaster 4.1 channel) and a USB card (Tech Com 2 port USB card with ALI driver) installed into the PCI slots of my motherboard.

My problem is I canÂ’t use my pen drive (Gigabyte 128 Mb) by using this card though I am using my printer and digital camera by using the USB (USB both 1.0/2.0 compatible) card. The printer and the camera are working fine with the cardÂ’s both ports. But when I connecting the USB pen drive into any of the both port, my PC wonÂ’t detecting it. The pen drive specification is- USB 2.2 and 1.1 compatible, Power supply 4.5-5.5V, OS Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98/98SE, Mac OS, Linux 2.0. I think my PC is compatible with the Pen Drive but why it isnÂ’t detecting by the OS. The Pen Drive is working fine with an other machine which is Pentium IV 2.4 GHz CPU, Intel 845 Motherboard, 80 GB Seagate HDD, 640 Mb of RAM with 4 USB ports.

Please suggest me a solution to overcome this problem. Is any upgradation requiring for my PC or I should buy a new USB card which will support the Pen Drive.

Thanks

I have installed SP2 final. But the problem persists. Even the USB ports of my PC detecting Blutooth Dongle while it's not detecting the Pen Drive.

If you are talking about a "USB Drive" then sometimes xp wont pick it up. You have to go to "MY Computer" and doubleclick the removable drive. Hope I understood you correctly.

I had a problem a couple of times where the pen drive would come up as A:\. One time it was with my GF's and it ended up just being a switch on the drive to lock/unlock like on a floppy disk. Another time it was at work/school can't remember, but I had to actually go to disk management (thru computer management) and then modifying a setting there because it would show up in there, but not in My Computer.... Not sure if you know what I'm talkin about, but maybe some of you other guys might....i would supply more info, but im at work and don't have sufficient privilages to access disk management to see :(

Have you tried the drive on another computer to make sure its not the drive itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom