Pegatron APXD1-DM Driver Issue

littleefoxx

Baseband Member
Calling this an issue is a massive understatement, let's start with that.

This morning, I got a computer that I bought on Newegg a few days ago. Refurbished: HP Debranded Desktop Computer W3431-2P AMD E-Series E2-1800 (1.7 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD - Newegg.com (HP Debranded Desktop Computer W3431-2P AMD E-Series E2-1800 (1.7 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD)

I thought it was a good deal for $90. Anyways, the issue I'm having is that I can barely find ANY trace of this motherboard or HP Model ANYWHERE. I've literally been running around in circles with this thing since it arrived about ~10 hours ago. I managed to get the HP-Software filled Windows 8 off there and downgrade to 7, as 8 is a resource hog in my opinion. I cannot find any drivers at all. I've tried multiple universal and generic drivers with zero luck. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, and just let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a dell to me. Case opens on the right and the board is hung upside down.

The only way you're going to know for sure is to open the case and go over the board with a flashlight looking for a make and model number. That will give away who made the board and is more than likely the company that made the box for HP.

I managed to get the HP-Software filled Windows 8 off there and downgrade to 7, as 8 is a resource hog in my opinion.
It's actually much more resource efficient than 7 ;).

I cannot find any drivers at all. I've tried multiple universal and generic drivers with zero luck. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, and just let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

Open up Device Manager

On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

If you want to look for them yourself, then go to PCI Vendor and Device Lists
Enter in the VEN code, click it the matching one, and then just Ctrl+F on the page for the DEV code, and it should at least point you to the model if it's found, as well as a link to the driver if one is available.

Back
Top Bottom