pcie x16 slot 1 won't work but slot 2 will? on P5NSLI mobo by asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacht23

Beta member
i need help so bad i'll start like a month ago
i had an old pcie vid card (dont know what it was)
and it quit working (it was in slot one. i did not even think to test it in slot 2)
so i thought i was due for a new one i got a geforce 9600gt
and put it in slot 1 and it dosn't work so i took it out and put it in slot 2 and it works
fine i would like to get a second 9600gt and put it in sli but the slot 1 dosn't work
can anyone help plz im so mad

become insolvent, break, crash, fail, fold up, go bankrupt, go into Chapter 11, pauperize (thesaurus :lol:)

It means the slot is non-responsive. I recently had a motherboard that had bad RAM slots. It wouldn't respond to 'em.

i mean is it somthing i would be able to fix without replacing the mobo cause iv looked everywhere i cant find my mobo anyware i got it on 3btech
but now they dont have it P5NSLI - asus i got it for like 40-50$ without the cpu or anything do you think it could be anything els
im using the computer right now but the cards in slot 2... duuuuuuu um if you know of any place i could get the mobo or some similar one i can use
without reinstalling windows so basicly same brand and stuff that would be very helpful but hopfully i can fix it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom