PCI slot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortman654

Beta member
The first problem started after I switched my monitor cable from analog to digital, when I turned the PC on I got a message, "system failed vga test", and it wouldn't work with the analog again either. I switched my video card to the second PCI slot (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard) and everything was fine... Then someone suggested switching the little card between the SLI slots to 'Dual GPU' instead so I did and put the card back in the first slot and it worked again, but it only works when that is set to dual... At first I thought I had shorted the slot but what does that card do that would cause it to work when its set to dual, and why doesn't the slot work anymore on single... the card works in another machine, so the card isn't bad... oh yea the card is a nvidia Biostar geforce 7300GT

If the question got lost in all that, I'm wondering why the slot wouldn't work on single GPU selected anymore...

What little card between the slots are you talking about. I have this board also and dont remember seeing a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom