PCI RADEON 9250 + Gigabyte GA-6VEML M/B = NOTHING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzuskn

Beta member
Hi, this is my first - post major issue here :

Hello I Have:
Gigabyte GA-6VEML m/b based on Via VT8601 chipset
Celeron 1.2ghz
1x128mb + 1x256mb ram
USB Mouse, PS2 Keyboard
17 inch flatscreen
Onboard Sound
LTModem - works fine, not an issue

GENIUSES COME!! I NEED UR HELP!!!
=(((
I unplug my computer from the mains. Install pci card into pci slot, power-on my computer and I get nothing but a blank screen. The "hard-disk-working" LED light remains on, non-flickering without any noise whatsoever coming from the h/d. Quite simply the system wont boot when the card is in its pci slot. I have tried every slot (3 of them), Ive tried removing and uninstalling my modem. I have tried uninstalling the onboard display drivers and restarting with the new card inserted. The sytem wont even boot when the card is installed. It requires no PSU and is brand spanking.Anyone who can help me would be much appreciated. Thx =D especially if anyone has this pci radeon working on a GA-6VEML motherboard =D

P.S.//Motherboard IS pci 2.2 compatible & the card should be backwards compatible, it works on another machine (not mine).

Hey thx alot for your reply. I have thought about disabling the onboard Im just unsure if that will be the problem (it could be if the radeon has a major problem conflicting with the onboard). I have spent many hours looking for how to do that, the gigabyte site doesnt even tell one how to disable onboard graphics.
It merely states it will disable itself which is bollocks because it used to remain enabled when i had my radeon 7000 installed which worked fine. Ill keep looking for the jumper settings, cheers.

ps. the option to disable graphics is most definitely NOT in the bios.

ne1 ELSE???

Tried it, many many many many times =( Still wont boot with the card in. Reset the bios heaps of times. Booted without the m/b battery in tried almost everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom