PCI Express/Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliPalmer

Baseband Member
Can someone tell me how to find out if my PC has this:

"PCI Express based PC with one x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard."

Can I find out using something in Control Panel?

Thanks in advance.

Use my guide on finding out what hardware you have at the top of this forum:D After reading that, you should have no problem finding that out!

the yellow one said:
simple man pci express are the same size as regular pci slots but indifferent color see how simple it is.

AGP looks very simular to PCI as well and is a different color, do what Elbatrop1 said and follow the guide. get the motherboard specs and look it up.

are you nuts, agp is not the same size as regular pci slots and pci express or even close to it, it's longer, it's simply longer. they can be easily recognized. still uncertain what you have? use a ruler and measure the size of the regular pci and compare to the video card slot if it's the same to the video card slot then it's pci express if it's longer than it's agp. see how easy it is. come on people do you really need to read some guide in order to disdinguish what slot you have.

the yellow one said:
are you nuts, agp is not the same size as regular pci slots and pci express or even close to it, it's longer, it's simply longer. they can be easily recognized. still uncertain what you have? use a ruler and measure the size of the regular pci and compare to the video card slot if it's the same to the video card slot then it's pci express if it's longer than it's agp. see how easy it is. come on people do you really need to read some guide in order to disdinguish what slot you have.

Why not find out what slot you have without having to open your case? My guide actually describes how.

the yellow one said:

You must be thinking of an agp pro slot, They are both a little longer.

AGP
400pxagpslotzy8.jpg

Pci Express

250pxpciexpressoe6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom