PCI Early non VGA device

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleaf

Solid State Member
I am working qith a PC that had to be massively cleaned up - had viruses and lots of malware - cleaned off and evrything was working fine except had no sound.
It is an older system that had an ISA sound card - I don't have one like it to replace with same so I attempted to install a PCI sound card. Originally I had resorce conflicts, so I change dthe position of the cards - moved sound card away from NIC.
I had to do a lot of reconfiguring with the drives and the cards. I still don't have sound, but have another problem. There were multiples of devices loading so I removed those in safe mode, rebooted and let PC redetect, bt it detecting a "PCI Early non VGA device" and wanting drivers. I have never seen this before and have not had much luck searching for it on Google or driver guide. I installed the .inf file from Intel for the mobo, but that didn't help.
Has anyone dealt with this before, and where should I look now?

Its the VIA chipset power management controller. If there is a conflict still, I guess you could always go into DM and remove the PCI bus. It'll restart and redetect EVERYTHING (just make sure you aren't using USB keyboard/mouse).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom