PCI-e Slot/ Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I've got a Gigabyte motherboard, model # EP35C-DS3R.

Not too long ago, a computer repair shop put in a new graphics for me.....something I could have done myself, I know, but that's another story :p

Anyway.....I did a little tinkering with my old GPu (the GeForce 9800 GX2), and I wanted to plug it back in and see if my tinkering worked. I go to remove my current graphics card.....and I notice that the little white latch that I have to depress to release the card.....is missing!!

I believe the tech who worked on my computer snapped it off without realizing it (or not telling me), because I haven't messed with my GPU since it was put in.

I can't remove my current graphics card!! Here's a pic of the kind/ type of latch my motherboard has (the black arrowhead is pointing at the latch):

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll217/PezzyDude/GigabyteEP35C-DS3R.jpg

How can I release my graphics card without this latch? Is there a makeshift way I can do this with a paperclip or a screwdriver tip without damaging my motherboard?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Pez

I believe you can pull it out toward you at a 45* angle and it will pop out. Don't quote me on that. See if those techs can get you a new board. Because that is their stupid fault.

Don't be flipping out graphic cards tho. Windows will get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom