PCI-E Link Width issues?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I have a Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2 (rev. 1.0), paired with a Sapphire 4870. I'm having issues with my PCI-E link width. (i.e. x1, x4, x8, x16) I seem to be stuck at a width of x4 on an x16 slot.

I have no idea what to do. I've updated the chipset drivers, reset BIOS to run stock, and reinstalled GPU drivers to no avail. I've also upped the PCI-E clock, as some have had that help them.

5at.png

Have you disabled the on board GPU entirely, it not, it could be confusing the system, and it is thinking that it's in some sort of crossfire mode.

Have you disabled the on board GPU entirely, it not, it could be confusing the system, and it is thinking that it's in some sort of crossfire mode.

Yep, disabled, even tried enabling. Tried running in Hybrid Crossfire. No idea why it's doing this, nor do I know how long it's been doing this... It may have been doing it since I got the board, I'm not sure. I know the card is able to run x16, as it did on my old setup...

Could be a wonky motherboard, usually when it's trying to do crossfire it goes to x8, not x4, which honestly has me confused. Have you checked for BIOS updates? What version is your board? I looked through the manual, but they actually have a different one for each board version.

Could be a wonky motherboard, usually when it's trying to do crossfire it goes to x8, not x4, which honestly has me confused. Have you checked for BIOS updates? What version is your board? I looked through the manual, but they actually have a different one for each board version.

V1 board, F15 BIOS, thinking about downgrading BIOS to see what happens. NEVERMIND! Got it. Cleaned contacts, and reseated (about 5 different times), and I'm back to x16.

dx9.png

So, it was just dirty contacts? Nice, maybe wanna think about unplugging it, and dipping a good small fine bristle paint brush used for very delicate painting into rubbing alcohol and running it up/down your slots to clean out dust. I have had to do that with RAM slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom