pci card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I am using windows nt. the problem i am having is installing a card called a comtrol rocketport. what this card does is allows you to connect to 8 comm ports through one card. after i install the card, it is suppose to install the 8 comm ports (ports 5-12). Yesterday i was able to get the ports to show up but still having problems working witht he software that we use. Then after installing the card again and after the reboot the ports are not there. I can not get them to install. i have reformated and still nothing. when i go into the device section in the control panel i see the rocketport card. it has not been started but is set to automatic. when i try to start it i get the error below.

1118 ERROR_SERIAL_NO_DEVICE No serial device was successfully initialized. The serial driver will unload

In the event viewer there is one warning and one error. The error says that the pci board not fount with an event id of 16 and the source being rocketport.

I took the card and installed it on a windows xp machine and it worked fine.

i would like to hear any and all ideas. i have been working on this thing for a day now and i do not want to make it an entire second day.

I found W2K to be better than XP (i was having problems) but i had to switch back because of compatiblity issus with some of my games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom