pci card problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to benzimm86
Default pci card problem

I am using windows nt. the problem i am having is installing a card called a comtrol rocketport. what this card does is allows you to connect to 8 comm ports through one card. after i install the card, it is suppose to install the 8 comm ports (ports 5-12). Yesterday i was able to get the ports to show up but still having problems working witht he software that we use. Then after installing the card again and after the reboot the ports are not there. I can not get them to install. i have reformated and still nothing. when i go into the device section in the control panel i see the rocketport card. it has not been started but is set to automatic. when i try to start it i get the error below.

1118 ERROR_SERIAL_NO_DEVICE No serial device was successfully initialized. The serial driver will unload

In the event viewer there is one warning and one error. The error says that the pci board not fount with an event id of 16 and the source being rocketport.

I took the card and installed it on a windows xp machine and it worked fine.

i would like to hear any and all ideas. i have been working on this thing for a day now and i do not want to make it an entire second day.

amd athlon xp2100+
asus a7v333 mb
nvidia geforce4mx 420 64 mb
thermaltake volcano 12
1 gig ddr pc2100
thermaltake purepower 420w psu
audigy 2 platinum sound card
Old 09-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

how old is this machine, sorry i'm too tired right now and in all honesty my attention span wasn't long enough to read all of your post. basically in my humble opinion Windows NT is useless. perhaps 2K may serve you better if the pc can run it?

Visit my website - nitestick.net
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!
Location: HickTown, California (hesperia), and West Hollywood

yea, i use 2k, its perfect for what i use it for, and good for slow systems if u have one
Listen to my music! and random/funny videos XD
Need a HDTV? Come find me at BestBuy #108 in Victorville XD
:D-----v Just pwnt my cpu, 900mhz OC v-----:D
Old 09-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I found W2K to be better than XP (i was having problems) but i had to switch back because of compatiblity issus with some of my games

\"I may or may not have put a loaf of bread in the dish washer\"
\"Once you go white a trailer is in sight\"
Old 09-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Closed Thread