PCI bus issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

In Runtime
i would like to avoid having to buy a new board so i wanna try and fix the following tiny problem:

I turn on the computer and during the POST i get an error code that means that there was a PCI bus failure. first obvious thing would be to remove all PCI cards. i removed all except the video card cause obviousy i need it. still same problem.

so then i remove the PCI card and as i expected the error code for no video device came up without ever getting to the problem about the bus. i tried two different video cards, one PCI and one AGP and there's the same issue.

i'm convinced that the issue is on the board. so if anyone has any other ideas other than get a new motherboard i would love to hear them.

thanks in advance

This is not my area but i would say that borrowing a mobo similar to your own (from a friend or whatever) and putting you cards on, give it a try, if it does work compare the two boards if it does not work its back to the drawing board.(and probably the computer shop);)

well yea it moved around. i took it apart to replace some parts and put other ones, there was basically a lot of moving around. but anyway the point is that it probably got scratched or a capacitor blew somewhere, although i always use anti-static bracelets.

any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom