PC Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

RantheMan1

Beta member
I just replaced the PSU in a Dell PC running the Windows XP operating system. The computer fails to start. The PSU fan comes on as well as the graphics card fan. The power light on the front of the tower stays at amber (won't turn green) and the power light on the monitor stays amber. I get no beeps at all. Any tips on what I should do to get it up & running again?

Is everything connection-wise snug ? What are your system specs ? Motherboard ? How about the newly-added PSU ?

Everything is snug. It's a Dell E510 with 1gb RAM, Pentium D 2.66ghz CPU and Cyrus motherboard. The PSU I installed is a Xion 450 Watt ATX 12V Ver. 2.2.

Are you sure you've got all the power connections to the motherboard in? You might have missed one, could be causing the error you've specified.

Are you sure you've got all the power connections to the motherboard in? You might have missed one, could be causing the error you've specified.

^ I was wondering the same thing. Because if you are sure that everything is connected then I would have to wonder about the PSU being any good. Is it a new one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom