pc wont boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cf van man

Beta member
hi iv got a emachines p4 with a intel d845gvsr board ,the dam thing wont boot up,theres no fan movement,no beeps,iv checked the psu with another,no joy!,iv done a bare bones start up ,but still no joy,iv got a green led light on the board, so i checked to see if what voltage there is on the board,5.68v(standby)when self test on psu 11.8v on yellow/5.4v on red/3.3 on others.iv also got 3.3v going to the sw+3.3v when sw pressed ,iv checked most of the board resistors all fine ,but between the battery and graphics chip theres a item that stands about 10mm high covered in plastic and looks from the top like a cylinder type fuse which has no continunity through it any ideas plz!!

Well I doubt thats a fuse, cylindrical components are usually capacitors.
I saw an emachines computer just like this the other day, turned out to be a dead mobo in the end. Sounds like you've checked everything, might want to try resetting the BIOS and if no luck remove the ram and all devices and see if the board beeps when powered on.

tried reseting bios,no joy there ,still no beeps even when everything disconnected,so it could be board then??o well better go buy a board then and try that,know any where i can buy a cheap board ???

if you can get the same model board you won't have to reinstall windows but its up to you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom