PC won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

triciee04

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my E Machine that has really been driving me crazy. Yesterday our power went out in my apartment for about 3 hours and later that night, when I went to turn it on, I couldn't see to get past the starting screen. It will come on and just get stuck right there. I figured maybe a boot disk would help but I don't have one. But I did hear that if you have another PC you can make a boot disk?

I'd be really grateful for help with this problem.

You can go to bootdisk.com and get any boot disk you like. Your probably looking for the 98 boot disk OEM. You can also boot from a Windows CD. I see you have a E Machine so the windows cd you have may be an image and wouldn't allow you to do that.

Does it give you any blue screen flash or anything or does it just hang up and stare at you? Have you tried Safe Mode? Keep hitting F8 during bootup if you havent to get into safe mode.

I tried safe mode a few times and it won't allow me to. It just starts up at the black screen with the big E on it and stays there. :(

Try making that boot disk and run a chkdsk /r, its posible you have some corrupt sectors or maybe even the hard drive is going out. Try the chkdsk and try a windows repair and see were that gets you.

If nothing still, try removing peaces of hardware one at a time and try booting. I have had a NIC card stop a PC from booting. The power failure you talked about could have caused quite a few variables that you can test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom