PC won't boot

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Came into work today.and the PC says " reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key". I do see the mobo screen first before this message comes up when I reboot. Assume is the hard drive. Suggestions??

Edit- ok got to the MSI boot device sceen. And yep the hard drive shows 0.0 GB. So , I assume that means the drive is fried.and if coarse I did not back this one up. Idiot!

Last edited:
Ok. I will bring it home, I believe my son still has his PC on Windows 7.

Assume is the hard drive. Suggestions??
And yep the hard drive shows 0.0 GB. So , I assume that means the drive is fried.....
So these things doesn't go, this way no HDD can die.
The fault should be something other. I also suggest to try again and/or try this HDD on other computer.
By this way they don't die.
PS. What computer and what HDD and how old they are, what's their real age.

Well , brought home and hhd is not working. To confirm I brought to local computer shop. They tested and, "it's dead", no spin,etc. So, crap. Do I build a new work PC or just replace the hhd. I built the work PC about 4 years ago. 375 watt corsair psu, MSI Mobo, Pentium CPU, 8 GB RAM ddr3, a small gpu, etc. Building a replacement is ok , if necessary.ago I built the PC.

edit: ok looks like nearly 6 years ago I built the PC. So I will start a new thread on a new work PC built

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom