PC Won't boot. 00 USB mass storage Devices found. New Case - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default PC Won't boot. 00 USB mass storage Devices found. New Case

I've rigged a stock hp for the past couple of years and made it pretty killer.
I got sick of the lame hp tower so i wanted to upgrade my case and bought a Commander MS-I Snow ATX Mid-Tower to replace it.
My mother board is an mATX, Asus M4A78LT-M LE. When i hooked up my motherboard to my case everything seemed right but when i booted up my rig it got past the ASUS loading screen and right before it's supposed to hit windows it comes up with an error message stating that
I thought it might have been my hard drive since it wouldnt read windows and it was stating something about storage. So i disconnected my hard drive and plugged it into my parents computer. It booted it up perfectly and ran fine, so that couldnt have been the problem.
Please help me, its been weeks... i miss video games
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0451.jpg (97.3 KB, 2 views)

Litch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via Skype™ to Insomnium
Default Re: PC Won't boot. 00 USB mass storage Devices found. New Case

The first thing you need to try is to disconnect all usb devices from your computer (including mice, keyboard, printer, flash drives) and then restart the system. If your problem persists you may need to reset your system's BIOS.
Insomnium is offline   Reply With Quote