pc will not work over wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

large909

Solid State Member
basically, moved recently. into a house with wireless. I have the wireless code, but pc will not connect to the internet. how ever my phone works fine on the network. The pc will connect to the network, and gets a ip address. I can ping the default gateway, but not any websites. got a dual boot system win xp / win 7. so not sure its the operating System. any ideas?

yo, the router is down stairs. however I do get a good signal. and the works. I have updated the network driver. windows is protruding much upto date. I even unistalled AntiVirus software.

yo, the router is down stairs. however I do get a good signal. and the works. I have updated the network driver. windows is protruding much upto date. I even unistalled AntiVirus software.

Try using the driver from the manufacturer's website, and not the one that Windows provides. Sometimes the Windows ones can be iffy with hardware.

ok, well strange thing is. I rebooted into win 7. and it connected absolutely fine. I had tried several times before. rebooted back to xp would not connect. managed to do usb tethering download the manf driver (belkin fd7000) still will not connect to the internet. won't even load the router page. do ya think something could interfere with the signal?? but then again my phone works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom