PC will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkat72

Beta member
Alright so I was just having problems with my XFX GeForce 9800 GT video card, the fan quit working, so I wrote to them. Later on in the same day I turned my PC on (keeping in mind I was running plenty of fans to keep the GPU cool for the short time i needed to check atleast my mail) before i knew it my GPU temp was at 130+ C and my pc blue screened and so i shut it off and let it cool. Today when i went to turn on my pc all i got was one little beep. I checked my fuses on the switch on my power supply, and wat watt that it was using. Still i only got a single beep everytime i hit the power button.
Extra Info: I was getting an odd screeching sound when i was on the internet.

ANY help would be great!!!

You killed the video card by running it without the proper ventilation.
I would have to agree. running a video card without the proper ventilation is not a good idea. Even for a short period of time. Having the card get above the temp threshold is not a good thing at all. It most often causes permanent damage to the card. Most times it results in having to replace the video card.

Alright thx for the reply, I new that running the comp without the proper vent was a bad idea but I had no other comp at the time to rely on. I'll contact XFX and hopefully they will replace it. If anyone else thinks its something different please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom