PC is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyna-DA

Solid State Member
First off here are my specs.

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 IIx4 630
MOBO - ASUS M4A77TD PRO
GPU - ATI 5750 (bought today have a spare 260 GTX)
RAM - DDR3 1600 2x2gb unganged
HDD - 500gb Split into 2 partitions non raid.

Here is my problem, The system is very slow, random stutters be in game or on the desktop, closing a picture causes it to freeze now and then.

And now I booted up f1 2010 and I am getting 12 fps!!!!! 25 on the GTX, they should both be capable of running it at least 40+, The processor cannot be overclocked pas 14x mutiplier I have already tried to speed it up and reverted back before posting this.

I Intend to add another GPU alongside the 5750 soon, my only wonder is whether I should of gone 5770 instead of 5750.

This happen just now, after you put your ATI 5750 in? Did you get rid of the Nvidia drivers? Did you run DriverSweeper? Did you try lowering the graphics in the game settings? Also, are there many programs working in the background?

The freezing has happened for a while in all honesty, the low fps is recently.

I cleaned all nvidia drivers out manually and with sweeper, lowering graphics did nothing to help.

Only esssential programs are running in background like controll centres for gpu and sound.

However I have been doing some research since I posted and realised I was sold a very weak card, I plan to get a refund tomorow and buy a 5870 or 5850 online, but that doesnt solve the freezing.

I also installed windows 7 today and believe it or not the freezing is minimal now, it was vista that was freezing.

my index ratings were 7.2 all over the board except the HDD which was 5.9 in win7

any advice on a decent HDD that would go well with my specs in OP?

Just bought my 5870 black edition.

Cannot connect it to my modular psu though so I am going to have to find a molex psu from somewhere with enough W to run the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom