Pc takes too long to boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do this.

Start>Run>msconfig>Startup Tab

Take a screen shot with PrntSrn and paste it into paint. Then upload it to Imageshack or Photobucket and paste the IMG Code tags in you next post.

It could be you have to much stuff set to load upon boot.

windows itself. So it may be that you have a lot of windows apps trying to load.. When did this start? what did you install (if anything)

Remove the = as that shouldnt be there.

The RTHDCPL and ALCMTR look like spyware/viruses.

Could disable jsut about everything really.

I would leave the askdisp as that is your AV. The nwiz is Nvidia stuff. That can be left. But the rest are not necessary.

Check out the Spyware guide and go thru that real quick. Those 2 ring out as suspicious to me. They could just be drivers for hardware but i never seen them with descriptions like that.

Link to guide:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-165828/

Ok forgot to mention that I'v already disabled every startup item with no success.

Also RTHDCPL is Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and ALCMTR is also a part of realtek

Okay. The description is what threw me off. Since i cant see the location i couldnt tell for sure what they were.

Interesting. Got all the updated drivers/BIOS and all of that?

Actually I've never messed around with BIOS so thats a no to update of BIOS.

When you say update of drivers which drivers are you talking about?

Also what are the chances this is a hardware problem.

And just for extra info when I go into safe mode it takes a little long aswell. The blue screen comes up where I have to pick an account for safe mode which is either 'administrator' or 'my name'. I click On administrator and it takes about a minute or 2 to get the desktop in safe mode.

It might be a hardware problem. But without BSOD Stop Codes we cant help to tell you for sure.

Driver updates like Chipset, ethernet adapter, video device and jsut about everything that can be updated.

My motherboard recently would sometimes hang at windows startup (black screen for about 20 seconds for no reason at all. Checked the motherboard's website and I needed a BIOS update to correct the problem.... Worth a shot for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom