PC stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almightytharo

Solid State Member
I have an issue that I still wonder if it isn't possibly heat/cooling related. I am only baffled because it does not happen all of the time and is solved TEMPORARILY but solved easily.

After start up I only notice the issue during gaming. It will not present itself until 20-25 mins in and I can tell it is happening initially because I can hear my sound crackling.
(Sound card has been replaced -- does with or without the card present)

If I continue running the machine shortly there after my FPS will drop and the game itself will stutter. If I close the game and simply sit on the desktop and move the mouse you can see the stutter as the arrow moves across the screen.

If I continue further the computer will simply lock with whatever is on the screen requiring a hard restart.

My confusion - If I notice it is happening and I simply restart the computer, the problem is gone and may not do it for another day or two. Sometimes a week can go by before it does it again. But I want to solve the issue to prevent any damage. I have cleaned everything to the best of my ability and thought I fixed it until it returned. Believing it was a heat issue I have even removed the side of the case at one point and added a fan. Issue is still intermitantly present. Help??:hrmph:

Specs:
Asus Essentio CG5290-BP009
Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz, 9GB DDR3
Vista 64
High-Definition Audio
Nvidia Geforce GTX260

Boot into the system Setup Menu.
Post the temp and voltage readings (Look under H/W Monitoring or similar)
Download and run Memtest to test the RAM. (download the .iso and burn to disc)

You issue does seem to have some of the symptoms of overheating. I would be concerned about the hard freezes. (overheating usually shutdown or restarts)
You also may have a power problem,RAM failure timing issue,ect

Is this PC under warranty? If so maybe time to have it repaired/replaced without voiding the warranty.

After looking at your specs I noticed you didn't have your official sound card drivers:
Also lets give your video card a driver update to further fix the problem with the sound. ;)

Specs:
Asus Essentio CG5290-BP009
Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz, 9GB DDR3
Vista 64
High-Definition Audio
Nvidia Geforce GTX260 .

NVIDIA DRIVERS 266.58 WHQL
Install this one first, as it will replace your sound card drivers with it's own set.

Next, it will ask for a reboot like always, do so and install these upon full start up.
Realtek

Finally download defraggler and ccleaner, ask defraggler to work at night when your asleep, that will keep most files from becoming fragmented over a day or or week.
Defraggler - File and Disk Defragmentation - Free Download

Let us know if that helps correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom