pc stucking. WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaniobal

Beta member
hi. i've got old MoBo - chaintech 6oiv2 and i think taht it makes the probs. after instalation of WinXP pro SP1. display looks alright, but if i install oficial driver of MoBo's Intel graphic chip it gets to resolution 640 × 480 and 4-bit colours. ok i don't install them and it's alright. i install drivers for chipset - ok. everythin is fine, but if i click right mouse button on tray or that thing which is down and includes START it'll freeze. when i click on start it'll freeze. and finaly when i'm doing some things on internet it'll freeze. I've played CS for an hour or so and no prob. but on these three occasions it'll almost everytime freeze. can't flash bios, can't set CPU multiplier. some dignostic tools say that BIOS on MoBo is 256kB but every BIOS for this MoBo I've found had 512kB. And i rly can set CPU multiplier in BIOS but it'll do nothing. still remains on 5,5×. It's all rly weird. Can somebody help, plz??
manual can be downloaded from here : eDisk.cz v.2: Stažení souboru "6oiv2.exe" (5.55 MB)

thx for every suggestion (not rly for every, for every inteligent one...

yeah i'm not going to download that manual but is this mobo as old as I think it is? (socket 7!!) If so its very likely that not all the components are XP compatible and the drivers certainly won't be...

How the heck can you run CS on that thing?

well. i didn't understand you, but if someone would like to ask about other OS's it freezed in linux too. today I flashed bios and audio chip was installed - wow. but now graphics is very shitty and i don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom